Thursday, December 6, 2012

Review: I Like You, by Amy Sedaris

This book, a collection of home-entertaining party ideas, decorating tips, and recipes was mostly a whole lot of fun. Amy Sedaris can always make me laugh, even if - indeed, especially because - her humor can be... more than occasionally inappropriate. I was surprised, though, that at times the book actually conveyed some genuine warmth and compassion along with all the kitsch and non-p.c. silliness.

Unfortunately, I read a Kindle version, borrowed from my library. Big mistake. The print book is highly illustrated and designed, but the beauty and the layout-logic of the printed book just get destroyed in the ebook version. So. Ugly.

I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence
by Amy Sedaris
Warner Books, 2009
ISBN-10: 0446696773
ISBN-13: 978-0446696777
304 pages, $15.99


A version of this review was originally published at Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment